Saturday, October 10, 2009

Germany & Greece in One Day

This afternoon we made it two Oktoberfests; here in our little town and one in Music city, and then we went to the Parthenon while we were in the neighborhood. Unbeknown to me, the Parthenon was hosting a wedding ceremony this afternoon and the park surrounding it was holding the annual Dog Day celebration.   The Oktoberfest here in town was largely indoors at the Antique and Feed Store; this was not a good idea w/Rhi Rhi. The crowd was enough to stress me; she started acting out so we left rather quickly. On our way out, she ran into a couple friends that we have been meaning to see. This would be the first time we saw them; she found them at dinner also. They did not have no peace until she was sitting down to eat and they were leaving!!! Somehow I don't think they minded at all; we will need to go visit rather soon.


Overall while we were in Nashville today, Rhi Rhi dii pretty good. We provided her the chance to jump around in one of those air-blown gizmos. She was really chilly as she was wrapped in a jacket and blanket while we were strolling along; it was about 60-65 outside, not chilly at all. Alas she seems to be really sensitive to any chill in the air this year. At the Parthenon she was a handful, alas I should have known she was at her limit.

After an exciting day around Music city we ran to the local Wally World and pick up a few things; one being a .98 squeaky toy for the dog. Actually we picked up two since I know she will chew through one in no time flat; she only got one. Rhi Rhi got her hands on the second one and now its in the bed w/her. I would have never thought that a dag gone squeaky toy would be her new best friend; ignore the fact that the squeak is driving me nuts, but hey...if she is happy then my day goes a little easier. The downside is she was also chewing on the thing and regrettably its a choking hazard. Therefore I get to be the evil mom and take it from her if/when she resumes chewing on it tomorrow. I will have to find a substitute quickly.

And my friend Dawn had a good idea when it comes to getting Rhi Rhi an mp3 player. I have one that I no longer need as it fills up to quickly; yet it would make a good one for Rhi Rhi I think. It is not too expensive and I already have accessories, such as a water tight case, for it. Now the hard part will be getting earphones for it since she does not like the ones that go in your ear.

And we are finally getting somewhere w/the potty training w/the help of Starburst candy of course. Rhi Rhi also broke her dad's heart tonight when she cried all the way to town. We had put her in his car and I drove mine into town following them. Hubby called me saying she was screaming and crying for me; she would not leave my sight all day, except when she runs off w/Boogie. Her little idiosyncrasies are coming back w/a vengeance...Lord mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment