Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just A Little Wet

It's interesting how energetic a preschooler can be, but then they eventually do get tired. That is unless they have something special about them like Rhi and her SPD. We are getting to the point where she is constantly on the go again and I mean the kind that if you are not fully aware of where she is and what she is doing, you are likely to find something flooded or broke or both (if you are really lucky). I'm very thankful that my friend, KW., had put her on a sleep schedule while she was watching her for me. Mind you since its a game of chase, nothing much else gets done. Oh she does find time to annoy the dogs and seeing as how she has no/little sense of danger and does not comprehend that a growl from a large dog (Rottweilers, etc) means they want left alone then guess what that means...you got it, mom is staying on top of that too.

It aint no wonder nothing got done today; much to everyone's dismay. While I was on the phone last night w/my friend Priscilla, I was cleaning up a flooded out bathroom and wathicng Rhi and etc, etc. Rhi Rhi had dumped the entire bowl of dog water and then turned on the faucet. Earlier in the evening she decided to play in the dog pool outside; despite the temperature and such, she was soaked from head to toe. It seems that Rhi has a tactile need for water at this point in time, oh and Ohio State things also. Don't ask...While cleaning up after Rhi Rhi Priscilla said something about having my hands full and I agreed and advised her that it only gets worse when I go back to work full-time. I thought for sure she was going to flip about what little help I get from Rhi Rhi's daddy; it was funny.

I guess I had forgotten what it was like to run all the time w/her; its been awhile since the SPD has made such a large appearance w/her. At least the potty training seems to be doing good w/the assistance of some Starburst candies. Anyway I'm outta here so will catch up more tomorrow I hope. 

1 comment:

  1. Goodness! I got tired just reading all of that. You definitely have your hands full. We need to start talking on the phone. It seems that we miss each other on here and I do miss talking with you.

    I'm catching up on your posts. I had to take a little break myself. The "other" journal is a requirement.

    *Sending you and yours big hugs*

    ReplyDelete