Friday, August 19, 2011

Eating Breakfast

This morning my Epona decided she wanted to eat breakfast at school; after eating at home also. And she wanted momma to go w/her; so i did and sat there and was watching her eat. Though we only had a few minutes, it definitely was worth those few precious minutes. It was priceless just sitting there and conversing w/her over nothing more than Cinnamon Toast Crunch and orange juice. She tried the biscuit and gravy; though it was not up to her liking, and her face of distaste was funny.

But something else got to me; besides just conversing w/her. It’s how grown-up she acts at school. She showed me where the cafeteria was and corrected any time I did something out of step/place. It’s going into her world and she was leading me around by the hand. She knows the lunch room ladies by name and they know her dietary issue; that kind of surprised me. (Guess I thought only the previous grammar school was that good; I should have known better I guess. Remember I was biased to the previous grammar school as I had worked there.) It was awesome simply hanging out w/her.

No comments:

Post a Comment